Maldives' apex court on Monday ended the hearings on the petition filed by the country's prosecutor's office to review former president Mohamed Nasheed's terrorism conviction.
Maldives' prosecutor's office late last month asked the country's apex court to review Nasheed's jailing ahead of his return from self-imposed exile.
He was sentenced to 13 years in prison over the arbitrary arrest and subsequent detention of a sitting judge while he was president.
The top court had paved the way for Nasheed to return to the country on November 1 ordering the relevant authorities not to arrest him until it hears the review of his conviction.
Supreme Court in an interim order had said the serving of Nasheed's prison sentence has been temporarily suspended until it reviews his jailing as requested by the country's prosecutor's office.
During the hearing on Monday, prosecutors reiterated that the request to review the former president's terrorism conviction had been made in light of "repeated requests."
Nasheed told the court that he had no direct role in the judge's arrest.
"Judge Abdulla [Mohamed] was arrested by MNDF [Maldives National Defence Force]. I had no involvement or given any instructions [to arrest the judge]," Nasheed insisted.
Despite Nasheed's request for a verdict on Monday, the bench said it needed time to weigh the arguments before a judgement can be made.
Several international organizations including the United Nations (UN) had denounced Nasheed's jailing on serious flaws with violations of his right to a fair trial.