Maldives Police Service has confirmed that the authority has received the post mortem report of the 13-year old boy whose murdered body was discovered in the Hulhumale lagoon last month.
The boy's body was taken to India to conduct an autopsy on July 5th. His body was brought back to the Maldives and buried on July 12th. The child's body was buried 21 days after his death.
The police on Saturday confirmed the post mortem report has been received and that the investigation into his death is ongoing. The case will be sent to the Prosecutor General's Office within the specified time frame, said the police.
The young boy, who was first reported as kidnapped, was found murdered in the beach area of reclaimed suburbs Hulhumale' on June 22. A 17-year-old minor and a 27-year-old have been arrested in connection to the boy's mother. Both suspects are said to have been friends of the boy. The 17-year-old has been remanded into custody for 15 days while the 27-year-old will remain in custody until the end of the trial.