Fire breaks out in SHE building

A fire had broken out on the sixth floor of the SHE building. No injuries had been reported from the incident.

The fire had broken out in the kitchen of the sixth floor apartment. MNDF fire fighters had been successful in controlling and extinguishing the fire.

When the fire broke out all residents of the apartment and residents from other floors had vacated the building. A resident of the sixth floor apartment said the owners of the apartment were asleep at the time and they were woken up by the increasing heat in the apartment. It has been estimated the fire had occurred due to a gas leak.

This is the first fire to occur in Ramadan.

(Additional details to follow)