One injured after fire breaks out at Malahini resort diving school

One staff was injured after a fire broke out at the diving school at Malahini Kuda Bandos resort.

Fire department said the incident was reported around 1.30pm and firefighters had managed to control the fire shortly after.

However, one staff had suffered burn injuries and had been brought to the capital Male for treatment. His condition however was reportedly not serious.

The diving school had suffered heavy damages in the incident with a lot of its equipment destroyed in the fire.