Maldives' national flag carrier 'Maldivian' on Thursday enforced the reduced domestic airfares as the state owned airline operator looks to implement a key pledge made by incumbent president Ibrahim Mohamed Solih.
Island Aviation Service (IAS) which operates the airline had announced an overall reduction between 25 to 30 percent on all its local sectors.
The new airfares has come into effect from Thursday, IAS announced during a press conference.
New domestic airfares
- Male - Gan return: MVR1,698 - 2,598
- Male - Fuvahmulah return: MVR1,698 - 2,598
- Male - Hanimaadhoo return: MVR1,610 - 2,226
- Male - Ifuru return: MVR1,500 - 2,056
- Male - Dharavandhoo return: MVR1,098 - 1,562
- Male - Kudahuvadhoo return: MVR1,500 - 2,056
- Male - Thimarafushi return: MVR1,610 - 2,226
- Male - Kadhdhoo return: MVR1,610 - 2,226
- Male - Kooddoo return: MVR1,652 - 2,442
- Male - Kaadedhdhoo return: MVR1,652 - 2,442
The airline operator has also pledged to make more tickets available at the cheapest fare with an aim to provide 15,000 seats per month at the minimum price.