A home in Thulhadhoo island was heavily damaged in a fire incident that occurred on Sunday morning.
The fire occurred in a home named Gulshaneeiyaa. According to Vice President of the Thulhaadhoo Council, Mohamed Ali Manik, a couple and their two children live in the house, while the actual owners of the house reside in Male'. No persons were inside the house at the time of the incident. However, all furniture and other household items were damaged beyond use, he said.
Mohamed Ali Manik said the cause of the fire is believed to be an electrical short. The police are investigating the case further. The residents of the house are currently living with relatives, and the council will be providing any assistance required by the family, he added.