The Housing Development Corporation (HDC) will open application this month for the Vinares flats developed in Hulhumale' Phase II.
HDC has announced the eligibility requirements for applicants.
The majority of the flats under the Vinares project are reserved for Male' registered residents. However, 100 apartments have been reserved for those who are not registered in the city but have been living in the city for 15 years.
The general requirements for the Vinares flats are:
- Being a registered resident of the city
- Not bound to an agreement to purchase a housing unit or lot from the city of more than 600 square feet
- Must not be making any payments for the purchase of a housing unit or lot from the city of more than 600 square feet
- Must not have sold any residential property of 600 square feet or more in the city within the last three years
- Must not have previously owned a house under any government housing project.
The Vinares Flat project is targeted toward middle-income individuals. The construction of 10 towers, with 13 storeys each, began during the administration of former President Abdulla Yameen. The towers have 1,344 three-bedroom apartments, each apartment between 883 and 902 square feet in size. The units will be sold at a price between MVR 2.5 million and MVR 2.7 million. Those who pay in installments will pay double the price over many years.