Application has opened to purchase Vinares flats from Hulhumale' Phase II.
The Housing Development Corporation (HDC) said applications can be submitted until September 15 this year. Applications can be submitted online through the designated portal on the HDC website. The portal can be accessed by logging in using the e-Faas.
The majority of the flats under the Vinares project are reserved for Male' registered citizens. However, 100 flats have been reserved for those not registered in Male' but have been living in the city for the past 15 years.
The general requirements for the Vinares flats are:
- Being a registered resident of the city
- Not bound to an agreement to purchase a housing unit or lot from the city of more than 600 square feet
- Must not be making any payments for the purchase of a housing unit or lot from the city of more than 600 square feet
- Must not have sold any residential property of 600 square feet or more in the city within the last three years
- Must not have previously owned a house under any government housing project.
The Vinares Flat project is targeted toward middle-income individuals. The construction of 10 towers, with 13 storeys each, began during the administration of former President Abdulla Yameen. The towers have 1,344 three-bedroom apartments, each apartment between 883 and 902 square feet in size. The units will be sold at a price between MVR 2.5 million and MVR 2.7 million. Those who pay in installments will pay double the price over many years.
The Vinares Towers have 172 apartments in the Marina View category and 392 apartments in the Outer View category. While the Inner View category has 352 flats, the Standard View category has 448 flats.
When the project is completed, all towers will have ATMs, smart ready, parking zones, and CCTV cameras. The ground and first floors of the towers will be reserved for commercial spaces. The commercial space will have a supermarket, office space, medium-sized shops, cafe/restaurant and space to run a gym, and vacant space for additional activities.