Maldives Marketing and PR Corporation (MMPRC) said the country's tourism would be promoted in 14 different international fairs this year.
Acting Managing Director of MMPRC, Haris Mohamed told Avas that Maldives would not only target fairs this year, but would give emphasis to other special events. He noted that a special interest will be given to promoting the Maldives online.
Fairs Maldives will be taking part in 2017
- Madrid Fitur Fair: January 18-22
- Boot Düsseldorf, Madrid: January 21-22
- EMIT Fair, Istanbul: February 26-29
- Fespo Zurich 2017: January 26-29
- OTM Fair, Mumbai: February 21-23
- Berlin IBT Fair: March 8-21
- MIT Fair, Moscow: March 14-16
- COTTM Fair, Beijing: March 29-31
- Japan Marine Drive Fair: April 7-9
- ATM Fair Dubai: April 24-27
- Tokyo JATA Fair: September 21-24
The Tourism Ministry said the fairs were handpicked with specific aspects in mind to promote the Maldives.
Under the differences made from previous attempts to promote the Maldives, MMPRC revealed that online marketing will play a huge role this year. The Visit Maldives website has been relaunched after a complete revamp, with the website now being available in 15 different languages.