Fire damages home in capital Male'

A fire has damaged a house in Male’ city early on Thursday morning.

The incident occurred at a house named Fehigiri in Galolhu ward.

The police revealed they received reports that an apartment on the sixth floor of the building had caught on fire around 3.52 am. When the police arrived at the scene, the door to the apartment was locked, and was only opened after consistent knocking for some time.

The fire was put out using water and fire extinguishers. Two washing machines and a wooden chair in the balcony of the house were damaged completely, and the walls of the apartment were cracked due to the fire.

While no one was hurt in the incident, the police are investigating the case further.