Maldives Labour and Social Democratic Party (MLSD) has conducted their first annual congress.
The party brought amendments to their party charters and elected their leadership committee during the congress.
The mandatory congress as stipulated in the Political Parties Act was conducted on Saturday. 25 amendments were proposed to the party's Articles of Association, which were approved unanimously by all members present at the congress.
Candidates elected to the leadership committee:
1. Ahmed Shiham, Red House / S. Meedhoo.
2. Mauroof Zakir, Dhaairaa / B. Kendhoo.
3. Ibrahim Mujthaba, Evergreen / B. Thulhaadhoo.
4. Mohamed Sodiq, Blue Rest / HA. Dhihdhoo.
5. Ali Akram, Dhaftharu 1674 / Male'.
6. Abdulla Raazee, Funaadu Cozy / Gn. Fuvahmulah.
7. Abdulla Ali, Ehgamuge / B. Kendhoo.
8. Moosa Mohamed, Maaolhu / Gn. Fuvahmulah.
9. Nasma Waheed, Venusge / GDh. Thinadhoo.
10. Hussein Murushad, Rubbarumage / S. Feydhoo.
The Labour Party was officially registered during January this year.