Burn victim from Thinadhoo gas explosion passes away

A man who suffered burns when a gas canister exploded in GDh. Thinadhoo has passed away.

Four people were injured in the gas explosion that occurred aboard a boat moored at Thinadhoo harbour on November 22. The incident occured when the stove on the vessel was turned on during an undetected gas leak.

State-run Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital in capital Male’ said a man aged 40, who was suffering from severe burns was brought to the hospital two nights ago from Thinadhoo Hospital. He was being treated on ventilator support as his condition was critical, said IGMH. The man passed away on Tuesday morning while being treated in the Intensive Care Unit, said IGMH.