A man who suffered burns when a gas canister exploded in GDh. Thinadhoo has passed away. This is the second person to die in this incident.
Four people were injured in the gas explosion that occurred aboard a boat moored at Thinadhoo harbour on November 23. The incident occured when the stove on the vessel was turned on during an undetected gas leak.
State-run Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital in capital Male’ confirmed that a man aged 32, who was suffering from severe burns and brought to the hospital from Thinadhoo Hospital on November 26th, had passed away on Monday morning.
Last week, a 40 year old who had been injured in the incident passed away while he was being treated on ventilator support at the ICU of IGMH.