A postmortem has been performed on the body of the 13-year old murder victim killed last month. His body was transported to neighboring India for the postmortem process on Monday.
According to the police, the boy's body will be brought back to the Maldives once the postmortem report is received. The arrangements for the transfer are being organized, said the police.
The young boy, who was first reported as kidnapped, was found murdered in the beach area of reclaimed suburbs Hulhumale' on June 22. A 17-year-old and a 27-year-old local have been arrested in connection to the murder. Both suspects are said to be friends of the victim. The 17-year-old has been remanded into custody for 15 days while the 27 year old will remain in custody until the end of the trial.